1. An Israeli TV station has reported that Saudi Arabia is prepared to let Israeli fighter jets use its airspace if it proves necessary to attack Iran’s nuclear program, highlighting growing ties in the shadow of Tehran’s nuclear drive.
2. Warring parties in Ukraine took a major stride toward quelling unrest in the country’s east on Thursday with the declared start of a supervised withdrawal of heavy weapons from the front line.
3. At the end of last summer came news of a bizarre occurrence no one could explain. It was a massive crater that just one day showed up. But the Siberian crater wasn’t alone. There were two more, ratcheting up the tension in a drama that hit its climax as a probable explanation surfaced.
4. US intelligence agencies have placed cyber attacks from foreign governments and criminals at the top of their list of threats to the country.
5. Libya’s internationally recognised premier threatened new air strikes with Egypt against the Islamic State group in his country, warning on Friday that the jihadists were poised to widen their presence there.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Numbers 24:12-14 which reads: “And Balaam said unto Balak, Spake I not also to thy messengers which thou sentest unto me, saying, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the Lord, to do either good or bad of mine own mind; but what the Lord saith, that will I speak? And now, behold, I go unto my people: come therefore, and I will advertise thee what this people shall do to thy people in the latter days.”
Our second coming quote for today is from S. Lewis Johnson. He said, “The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus ought to enlarge in our Christian thinking. The earliest Christians made a great deal after they learned the truth of the suffering, the cross and the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus. And it seems to me that today we may be possibly erring a little by making a whole lot over the First Coming and sometimes de-emphasizing the reigning, the crown, the literality of the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus.”