1. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered the first group of about 100 U.S. troops to head to the Middle East in the next few days to establish training sites for Syrian opposition fighters battling Islamic State militants.
2. An Israeli television station has reported that Iran has built a 27-meter-long missile, capable of delivering a warhead “far beyond Europe,” and placed it on a launch pad at a site close to Tehran.
3. In recent months, India has seen a wave of violence towards Christians that left five dead, including one 11-year-old child. A new report revealed that another 7,000 people experienced other types of persecution that year, including 300 clergymen or leaders of Christian communities who were victims of violence.
4. Kurdish forces took control of the Syrian town of Kobani on Monday after driving out Islamic State fighters, although Washington said the four-month battle was not yet over.
5. Iran plans to continue its efforts to “destroy the Zionist entity” — and that includes arming terrorists in Judea and Samaria. Iran’s Defense Minister said, ‘Arming the West Bank is one of the policies of Iran and we will use all our capabilities in this way.’
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Leviticus 23:20-21 which reads: “And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the Lord, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the Lord for the priest. And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Stephen Travis. He said, “The Christian hope is not a matter for tickling our minds, but for changing our minds and influencing society.”