1. Ukraine’s president courted European support on Wednesday against what he says are 9,000 Russian troops occupying 7 percent of his nation’s territory.
2. The Syria-based terror group ISIS is active and recruiting inside the Middle Eastern state of Yemen, already a hotbed of terrorist activity.
3. The Israeli Defense Forces have sent armored personnel carriers and tanks to the northern front. It has also closed a section of highway close to its border with Lebanon and directed farmers to avoid fields by the border.
4. Separatist forces deployed more arms and manpower on Wednesday to an emerging flashpoint in eastern Ukraine, undermining hopes for a new peace initiative taking shape.
5. Russia and Iran have signed an agreement to expand their military ties and resolve a long-standing dispute over the sale of a controversial air defense system to the Islamic Republic.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Leviticus 23:10-11 which reads: “Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.”
Our second coming quote for today is from R.A. Torrey. He said, “The imminent return of our Lord is the great Bible argument for a pure, unselfish, devoted, unworldly, active life of service.”