1. An Israeli helicopter strike in Syria killed a commander from Lebanon’s Hezbollah group and the son of the group’s late military leader, in a major blow that could lead to reprisal attacks. The strike killed six Hezbollah members in all.
2. A detachment of about 800 servicemen from Russia’s Northern Fleet has been stationed in a Russian town just 50km from the Finnish border as part of a large-scale expansion of Russian military facilities in the country’s northwest.
3. Dozens of Chadian tanks headed out of the capital on Friday south towards Cameroon to help fight Nigeria’s dreaded Boko Haram insurgents.
4. The Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies has published a report stating that the Israeli military must be prepared for three principal security scenarios in the near future, naming them as a large-scale ground war against Hezbollah in Lebanon, attrition against Hamas in Gaza, and the possibility of a military operation in Iran.
5. David Nabarro, the UN Secretary-General’s special envoy on Ebola, has said that West Africa’s Ebola epidemic has morphed into several micro-outbreaks of varying intensity and with the potential to reignite more widespread contagion.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Leviticus 23:3 which reads: “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John R.W. Stott. He said, “He who came in humility and shame will return in spectacular magnificence.”