1. The head of Great Britain’s MI5 Security Service said on Thursday that Al Qaeda militants in Syria are plotting attacks to inflict mass casualties in the West, possibly against transport systems or “iconic targets.”
2. U.S. weapons intended for Iraq’s beleaguered military are winding up in the possession of the country’s Shiite militias. U.S. lawmakers and senior officials in the Obama administration say the Baghdad government is turning hardware over to Shiite militias that are heavily influenced by Iran and have been guilty of gross human-rights violations.
3. Hundreds of people have been killed in northeastern Nigeria in terror attacks in the last week as Boko Haram militants took control of 16 towns in a new humiliation for the country’s struggling armed forces.
4. The U.S. Missile Defense Agency has tasked a major defense contractor to develop advanced missiles capable of knocking out maneuvering, ultrahigh-speed targets such as China’s high-tech hypersonic glide vehicles.
5. On the day after Islamist terrorists massacred 12 people in the heart of Paris, Jewish Agency head Na-tan Sha-ran-sky resisted the temptation to use the tragedy to push for upped immigration to Israel from an increasingly dangerous France. However, he said, “there is this place in the world called Europe, where Jews are feeling increasingly uncomfortable.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is the entire chapter of Leviticus 16. Verses 29-30 of this passage reads: “And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you: For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that ye may be clean from all your sins before the Lord.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said, “Uncertainty about the date of the Lord’s return is calculated to keep believers in an attitude of constant expectation and to preserve them from despondency.”