1. U.S. troops have started training Iraqi military forces at two bases in Iraq as they work to build a force that can take the offensive against Islamic State militants who overran part of the country last year.
2. International concern has been mounting over Libya, which is mired in its worst fighting since Western and Gulf-backed rebels overthrew dictator Moammar Gadhafi and killed him in 2011.
3. Influenza viruses have infiltrated most parts of the United States, with 43 states experiencing “widespread” flu activity… bringing the total death toll to 8,893 during the current flu season.
4. The International Criminal Court says that the Palestinian Authority has formally recognized the court’s jurisdiction to investigate crimes allegedly committed during last summer’s Gaza war.
5. Days of fighting between Burundi troops and rebels who entered the Central African country killed 97 people, mostly rebels, this week.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is the entire chapter of Leviticus 16. Verse 16 of this passage reads: “And [Aaron] shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said, “There shall be no time for parting words or a change of mind when the Lord appears.”