1. Paul Robinson, the Chief Executive of persecution watchdog Release International, said there is a “pressing threat” to Christians in Kenya and Tanzania as a result of “Islamic groups determined to establish their brutal version of Sharia law.”
2. A monitoring group has reported that more than 76,000 people died in Syria’s civil war in 2014, including more than 3,500 children.
3. The United Nations has said that violence in Iraq in 2014 killed at least 12,282 civilians, making it the deadliest year since the sectarian bloodshed of 2006-2007.
4. Russia has angrily criticized the latest US sanctions, saying they could derail cooperation with Washington on dealing with the Iranian nuclear standoff and the Syrian crisis.
5. Egypt has announced that work will begin next week to double the width of a buffer zone being built along the border with the Gaza Strip to prevent terrorists infiltrating from the Palestinian enclave.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Exodus 23:20 which reads: “Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Andrew Murray. He said, “There is such a danger of our being so occupied with the things that are to come more than with him who is to come.”