This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for December 28, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country’s own security forces.
2. The US military has slowly been stockpiling equipment and gear coming out of the war in Afghanistan in a Kuwait depot, ultimately destined for Iraq ahead of a possible spring offensive against the Islamic State.
3. A senior commander in Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard has been killed during a battle against the Islamic State extremist group in Iraq.
4. The Syrian government said Saturday that it would be willing to participate in a Russia-sponsored conference to end its almost four-year-long civil war.
5. The Russian Defense Ministry announced the successful test of the RS-24 “Yars” ballistic missile on Friday. Russia’s strategic nuclear forces are actively rearming with the new RS-24 “Yars” missile which uses solid fuel and has a range of 7,500 miles.
6. Iran’s army has deployed a suicide drone for the first time in massive ongoing military drills near the strategic Strait of Hormuz at the entrance to the Persian Gulf.
7. An elite wing of the Iranian military has claimed that its troops have been along Lebanon’s border with Israel.
8. A woman is critically ill in Hong Kong with the deadly H7N9 strain of bird flu, the first confirmed case in the city this winter.
9. A British-based Syrian monitoring organization said on Sunday that the Islamic State militant group has killed 1,878 people in Syria during the past six months, the majority of them civilians.
10. The Palestinians are pressing for a U.N. Security Council vote this week on a resolution that would call for an end to Israel’s occupation within three years.
The Bible says in Revelation 15:8: “And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from J.C. Pollock. He said: “Millions of graves are dug every year, but it is inspiring to think that one generation of Christians will cheat the undertaker.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.