1. Iran’s national army has begun a massive military drill near the strategic Strait of Hormuz at the entrance to the Persian Gulf.
2. The war against ISIS is taking a dangerous, perhaps inevitable turn. Israel, America’s closest ally in the Middle East, could be threatened from the southwest by the Egyptian ISIS group al-Maq-dis in Sinai and by ISIS in southern Syria.
3. A top Russian official said on Thursday that Moscow will support a draft resolution on Palestinian statehood at the United Nations Security Council.
4. Russia said on Wednesday that NATO was turning Ukraine into a “frontline of confrontation” and threatened to sever remaining ties with the Atlantic military alliance if Ukraine’s hopes of joining it were realized.
5. Only four months have passed since the end of Operation Protective Edge and signs on the ground point to a speedy recovery by Hamas. Aside from the cross-border fire from Gaza, the Islamist terror group has constructed new military positions and forward command posts.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Exodus 17:8-9 which reads: “Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim. And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.”
Our second coming quote for today is from William Gurnall. He said, “Christ hath told us he will come, but not when, that we might never put off our clothes, or put out the candle.”