1. The US Congress on Saturday unanimously approved fresh economic sanctions against Russia and lethal weapons for Kiev, defying President Barack Obama and hardening American lawmakers’ response to a Kremlin-backed insurgency in Ukraine.
2. The Israeli military’s Planning Directorate head, Major General Nimrod Shefer, said the threat of the Islamic State has compelled Israel to foster unlikely alliances, or “frenemies.”
3. The NATO alliance’s top commander in Europe says Vladimir Putin’s aggression in Ukraine and other intimidating shows of force have created a “very different kind of scenario” for NATO. NATO leaders met in Germany this week to analyze the results of Exercise Trident Lance 2014 — its training scenario which dealt with the hypothetical invasion of NATO member Estonia and included everything from missile strikes to cyber attacks. It was the first NATO exercise of its kind since the end of the Cold War.
4. A group of around 30 Hindu radicals reportedly attacked a Christian pastor and 15 of his church members singing Christmas carols in the Indian city of Hyderabad over the weekend, accusing the Christians of trying to convert people.
5. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met in Rome on Monday with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry in a bid to thwart a potential move at the U.N. to recognize a Palestinian state within two years, if peace talks fail to produce an agreement.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Exodus 7:4-5 which reads: “But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Geoffrey B. Wilson. He said, “The brightness of Christ’s advent will reveal the true character of those things which were previously hidden by darkness.”