This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for December 14, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. The Council for Foreign Relations says that at least 10,340 deaths from Boko Haram-related violence were reported in Nigeria, and United Nations figures show that 10,733 civilians were violently killed by ISIS in Iraq between November 2013 and November 2014.
2. Hamas’ military wing launched three rockets aimed at the Mediterranean Sea on Saturday as part of experiments designed to restore their firepower to what it was before Operation Protective Edge.
3. US Secretary of State John Kerry says that he hopes to head off an end-of-year showdown at the United Nations over Palestinian statehood in meetings this week in Europe.
4. UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has said that hundreds of British troops will be sent to Iraq in the New Year.
5. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has warned US businesses to be on the alert for a sophisticated Iranian hacking operation whose targets include defense contractors, energy firms and educational institutions.
6. The US Congress on Saturday unanimously approved fresh economic sanctions against Russia and lethal weapons for Kiev, defying President Barack Obama and hardening American lawmakers’ response to a Kremlin-backed insurgency in Ukraine.
7. The Israeli military’s Planning Directorate head, Major General Nimrod Shefer, said the threat of the Islamic State has compelled Israel to foster unlikely alliances, or “frenemies.”
8. The United States and its allies carried out 27 airstrikes on Islamic State targets in Syria and Iraq in the past three days.
9. Russia’s Defense Ministry has denied Swedish claims that for the second time this year a Russian military aircraft nearly collided with a passenger jet over Sweden.
10. One of Iran’s top military leaders said that a credible U.S. military option against Iran is off the table and something the Obama administration can “no longer even think about.”
The Bible says in Matthew 28:18-20: “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Stephen Travis. He said: “The Christian hope is not a matter for tickling our minds, but for changing our minds and influencing society.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.