1. With plunging oil prices, economic sanctions, and a weakening ruble, the Russian government already has a lot to worry about. Now ISIS has joined that list of concerns. The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has released videos threatening to liberate Chechnya and the broader North Caucasus region, and Russia is waging an online war against the group.
2. Poland’s defense minister praised long-range missiles the country is buying from the U.S. as the most modern military equipment Poland has ever had and said that they are especially needed at this time of tension in the region.
3. Facing a stumbling economy at home and increasingly biting Western sanctions, Russian President Vladimir Putin sought on Thursday to strengthen a once-close relationship with India through an ambitious plan to help New Delhi build at least 12 new nuclear reactors.
4. Israel’s Intelligence Ministry Director-General said Jerusalem will not press Washington to tighten sanctions on Iran while nuclear negotiations continue for the next six months, but will push for tough action if the talks’ June deadline is not met.
5. The Australian government has revived the $8.5 billion Air Warfare Destroyer Programme to enhance the wartime capabilities of the Royal Australian Navy.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Exodus 6:1 which reads: “Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.”
Our second coming quote for today is from R.A. Torrey. He said, “The imminent return of our Lord is the great Bible argument for a pure, unselfish, devoted, unworldly, active life of service.”