1. The American commander of the war effort against ISIS said on Monday that U.S. allies are ready to send roughly 1,500 security personnel to Iraq to help the Baghdad government in its fight against jihadists.
2. China is preparing to arm its stealthiest submarines with nuclear missiles that could reach the U.S., cloaking its arsenal with the invisibility needed to retaliate in the event of an enemy strike.
3. Outgoing U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has said that the U.S. will keep a larger force in Afghanistan for the first few months of 2015 than it initially planned to.
4. The European Union will press Turkey to cooperate more closely in the fight against the Islamic State and urge it not to undermine EU sanctions on Russia in a visit this week intended to give new impetus to often fraught EU-Turkish relations.
5. Russian President Vladimir Putin has said he hopes a permanent ceasefire will soon be agreed to in Ukraine, after talks in Moscow with French counterpart Francois Hollande.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Exodus 3:12 which reads: “And [God] said [unto Moses], Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.H. Spurgeon. He said, “The fact that Jesus Christ is to come again is not a reason for star-gazing, but for working in the power of the Holy Ghost.”