1. State-affiliated media in Syria have reported that during a recent visit to Moscow by representatives of the embattled regime, Damascus received promises of widespread Russian military support. The report also claimed that Russia will give Syria the S-300 missile defense system.
2. The Palestinian envoy to the United Nations said a draft resolution demanding an Israeli withdrawal to the 1967 lines by 2016, as part of a wider agreement to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, will be presented to the UN Security Council by the middle of December.
3. Molten rock from a thundering volcano threatens to engulf several villages in Cape Verde days after its initial eruption. Along with the villages, a large fertile region of the country is at risk of being destroyed.
4. Rates of new HIV infections and AIDS-related deaths are rising faster in the Middle East and North Africa than anywhere else globally. Experts warn that many patients are left in the shadows unable to access treatment and support, leading to unnecessary loss of life and increasing transmission risks.
5. The Jordanian government sent an official letter to Israel warning against making any changes to the status quo in Jerusalem.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 49:1-2 which reads: “And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days. Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J. C. Ryle. He said, “There shall be no time for parting words or a change of mind when the Lord appears.”