1. Drug-resistant malaria is set to become the next global health crisis. Professor Francois Nosten, the director of the Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, said, “It’s already a disaster in the making, and as physicians we have to raise the alarm…”
2. The U.S.-led coalition fighting ISIS in Syria has stepped up its attacks on the militant Islamist group’s de facto capital, with 30 airstrikes targeting Raqqa overnight.
3. Russia accused NATO on Monday of destabilizing northern Europe and the Baltics by carrying out drills there and announced new military exercises of its own, increasing tension over the Ukraine crisis. NATO responded by blaming Moscow for instability in the region, while British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said he was concerned by “extremely aggressive” probing of Britain’s air space by Russian planes.
4. The number of people with Ebola in west Africa has risen above 16,000.
5. The United Nations says that more than 1,200 Iraqis were killed in November by acts of terrorism and violence.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 46:2-3 which reads: “And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I. And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation: I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee up again: and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Pollock. He said, “Millions of graves are dug every year, but it is inspiring to think that one generation of Christians will cheat the undertaker.”