1. Explosions rattled across Egypt on Friday, and security forces arrested more than 100 people amid protests calling for an Islamic uprising. Authorities remained on high alert as demonstrators responded to calls by Islamist groups, the Salafist Front and the Muslim Brotherhood, to take to the streets to defend their religion and denounce Egyptian leaders.
2. At least 120 people were killed and 270 others wounded on Friday when two suicide bombers blew themselves up and gunmen opened fire during weekly prayers at the mosque of one of Nigeria’s top Islamic leaders.
3. Maj. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, who was named on Friday as the next Israel Defense Forces chief of the General Staff, firmly opposes Israeli military intervention to thwart Iran’s nuclear program unless Iran poses an immediate existential threat to Israel.
4. A volcano named Mount Aso has erupted in Japan, spewing ash and lava and cancelling dozens of flights in the region. This volcano, one of the world’s largest, last blew its top 22 years ago.
5. The Israeli military’s chief rabbi, Rafi Peretz, was recorded speaking strongly against members of the Muslim faith who pray at the Temple Mount. In a transcript of a religious lecture, Peretz is quoted as saying that the Temple Mount is of no significance to the Muslim faith and that Jerusalem is not mentioned in the Koran.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 40:18-19 which reads: “And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof: The three baskets are three days: Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Thomas V. Moore. He said, “Christ is coming to the earth, in such a form at least as shall fulfill his purposes of mercy to his friends and justice to his foes.”