1. Veteran US diplomat Dennis Ross said Iran’s unwillingness to move on its positions during recent rounds of nuclear negotiations indicates Tehran’s negotiators may be incapable of sealing a comprehensive agreement.
2. The European Parliament plans to hold a vote on Thursday on a resolution to recognize a Palestinian state, following Sweden’s official decision to do so and symbolic votes in Spain, the UK, and Ireland.
3. The United States and its allies have conducted two dozen strikes against Islamic State militants since Friday, launching nine strikes in Syria and 15 strikes in Iraq.
4. A Palestinian speaker delivered an impromptu sermon inside Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa mosque calling for the elimination of America and Israel and hailing the Islamic State terror group.
5. The office of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has issued a clarification about his statement that Egypt would be prepared to send troops to a future Palestinian state. President Sisi stated in an interview that he would be prepared to send troops to a future Palestinian state to help stabilize it, but only in agreement with Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 32:9-11 which reads: ” And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said, “If the Second Coming is not an integral part of the faith once given to the saints, I do not know what is.”