1. Historic negotiations with Iran reached an inflection point on Monday, as world powers sought to clinch a comprehensive deal that will, to their satisfaction, end concerns over the nature of its vast, decade-old nuclear program.
2. Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev says that he is working on a strategy of stabilizing the international situation by introducing a new effective global dialogue platform to augment the “lame UN.”
3. A senior Turkish official said on Saturday that Turkish soldiers are training Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq and will give similar assistance to a new national army unit in Baghdad as part of the struggle against the Islamic State.
4. A strong earthquake struck a lightly populated, mountainous area of western China, killing at least 5 people, injuring 54 others and collapsing homes.
5. A powerful 6.8-magnitude earthquake shook central Japan on Saturday night, injuring more than 20 people and causing several homes to collapse.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 28:3-4 which reads: “And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Frances Ridley Havergal. He wrote:
Oh, the joy to see thee reigning,
Thee, my own beloved Lord!
Every tongue thy name confessing,
Worship, honour, glory, blessing,
Brought to thee with glad accord—
Thee, my Master and my Friend,
Vindicated and enthroned,
Unto earth’s remotest end
Glorified, adored and owned!