1. Israelis and Palestinians expressed fear that their decades-old conflict was moving beyond the traditional nationalist struggle between two peoples fighting for their homelands and spiraling into a raw and far-reaching religious confrontation between Jews and Muslims.
2. Lethal anti-Semitism in Israel and across Europe has sparked enhanced security measures in Diaspora communities.
3. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the Syrian air force launched about 1,592 strikes across Syria over the past month, killing at least 396 civilians. Analysts say the increase could be because the Syrian military wants to weaken rebel groups before they get the training and equipment promised by the United States.
4. Facing the same type of underground routes out of Gaza that allowed terrorists to mount attacks on Israel, Egypt is considering creating a huge, 1,000-meter buffer zone in the Sinai Peninsula.
5. Kurdish forces, backed by U.S.-led airstrikes, launched a new offensive targeting the Islamic State in areas of Iraq that the extremist group captured in the summer.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 27:27-29 which reads: “And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the Lord hath blessed: Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine: Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother’s sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.”
Our second coming quote for today is from William Freel. He said, “As Christians, we should not be exitists, looking for our going, but adventists, looking for his coming.”