1. US Secretary of State John Kerry held an unexpected second meeting in two days with a key Arab mediator from Oman in the Iran nuclear talks, part of a last-minute push to meet a Monday deadline for a deal that would ease the threat of the Islamic Republic reaching the capability to produce atomic weapons.
2. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to present to a full cabinet vote on Sunday a “softened” version of a controversial bill that would enshrine Israel’s Jewish status in its constitutional laws.
3. A senior official from the OSCE security watchdog said on Thursday that prospects for peace in eastern Ukraine are “bleak”, underscoring the need to uphold a shaky ceasefire between government forces and pro-Russian separatist rebels.
4. NATO’s new secretary general said the military alliance has had to scramble war planes 400 times this year in response to an increase in Russian air activity around Europe, a rise of 50 percent over last year.
5. Bird flu was found on a duck farm in England on Monday days after it was discovered in Dutch chickens, forcing authorities to destroy poultry and restrict exports.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 26:2-5 which reads: “And the Lord appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Anthony Ashley Cooper. He said, “The only remedy for all this mass of misery is the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Why do we not plead for it every time we hear the clock strike?”