1. Four Israelis were killed and eight more wounded in a frenzied assault by two Palestinian men on Jewish worshippers praying at a Jerusalem synagogue in the most lethal incident in the city in years.
2. The latest horrifying video of the mass murder of 16 Syrian soldiers and an American aid worker is very different from other Islamic State propaganda films. Security and military analysts believe this new tactic is a plot to lure Western and other forces into a full-scale ground offensive which ISIS leaders believe they can win.
3. The US, Australian and Japanese leaders on Sunday called for peaceful resolutions of maritime disputes, a day after Barack Obama warned of the dangers of outright conflict in Asia as China contests disputed territory.
4. North Korea on Saturday warned of retaliatory strikes days after South Korea fired warning shots at a North Korean patrol near the border. North Korea issued a statement that said “such reckless military provocations in the area may invite unforeseeable retaliation strikes.”
5. As China becomes more politically conservative, some churches are facing greater pressure to fall in line with the Communist party. It is not yet known what will happen in the future, but it seems likely that both registered and independent churches in China will come under increasing pressure.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 17:20 which reads: “And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Chrysostom. He said, “In the first advent God veiled his divinity to prove the faithful; in the second advent he will manifest his glory to reward their faith.”