This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for November 16, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Western leaders warned Vladimir Putin at the G20 summit on Saturday that he risked more economic sanctions if he failed to end Russian backing for separatist rebels in Ukraine.
2. The United States’ top military officer told American troops on a surprise visit to Baghdad on Saturday that the momentum in the battle with the Islamic State was “starting to turn”, but predicted a drawn-out campaign lasting several years.
3. Egypt’s deadliest terrorist group, which has pledged allegiance to Islamic State jihadists, branded the regime of Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi as “Zionist collaborators” and vowed to liberate Jerusalem once it had ousted his government.
4. At least 356 people have been killed in fighting for Libya’s second city Benghazi since the launch of a government-backed offensive against Islamist militias a month ago.
5. America’s deteriorating nuclear force will get a $10 billion cash injection to shore up sagging morale and correct serious mismanagement problems.
6. The US, Australian and Japanese leaders on Sunday called for peaceful resolutions of maritime disputes, a day after Barack Obama warned of the dangers of outright conflict in Asia as China contests disputed territory.
7. Top officials warned on Saturday that the U.S. military’s ability to stay ahead of technology advances by other countries and respond to multiple crises around the world is already in jeopardy and will get worse unless mandatory budget cuts are reversed.
8. North Korea on Saturday warned of retaliatory strikes days after South Korea fired warning shots at a North Korean patrol near the border.
9. A 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck just over 93 miles northwest off the coast of Ternate, Indonesia, on Saturday.
10. Boko Haram fighters took over at least three towns in northeast Nigeria on Thursday, including Chibok, the scene of the April kidnapping of more than 200 schoolgirls by the militant group.
The Bible says in Jude 1:14-15: “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Thomas V. More. He said: “Christ is coming to the earth, in such form at least as shall fulfil his purposes of mercy to his friends and justice to his foes.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.