1. Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has once again called for Israel’s destruction. Khamenei’s latest provocation came in a series of tweets in which he launched a tirade against the Jewish state and called to arm Palestinian Arabs in Judea and Samaria.
2. Jordan’s Prime Minister, Abdullah Nsur, criticized Israel over its actions on the Temple Mount, but ruled out the possibility that his country would cancel the peace deal with Israel.
3. The European Union’s top diplomat Federica Mogherini said on Saturday that Jerusalem “should be the capital of two states”, as tensions gripped the holy city hit by Israeli-Palestinian violence.
4. U.N. atomic inspectors say Iran’s stockpile of low-enriched uranium gas has grown by 8 percent to nearly 8.4 tonnes in about two months, an amount world powers probably will want to see cut under any nuclear deal with Tehran.
5. Hamas declared the formation of a “popular army” in the northern Gaza Strip on Friday. A spokesman for Hamas’s military branch said 2,500 recruits would form “the first section of the popular army for the liberation of al-Aksa and of Palestine.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 17:1-2 which reads: “And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.”
Our second coming quote for today is from George Eldon Ladd. He said, “Nowhere is salvation conceived of as a flight from history as in Greek thought; it is always the coming of God to man in history. Man does not ascend to God; God descends to man.”