This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for November 9, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Former Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev said on Saturday that tensions between the major powers have pushed the world closer to a new Cold War. He called for trust to be restored through dialogue with Moscow, and added that failure to achieve security in Europe would make the continent irrelevant in world affairs.
2. President Obama has authorized the U.S. military to send up to 1,500 more troops to Iraq in a non-combat role to help battle the growing threat of ISIS.
3. The latest report by a UN watchdog indicates that Iran is failing to address suspicions it may have worked on designing an atomic bomb, potentially complicating efforts by world powers to reach a deal with Tehran on its nuclear program.
4. Additional European nations have reportedly threatened to follow Sweden and unilaterally recognize Palestinian statehood if peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority are not relaunched.
5. U.N. atomic inspectors say Iran’s stockpile of low-enriched uranium gas has grown by 8 percent to nearly 8.4 tonnes in about two months, an amount world powers probably will want to see cut under any nuclear deal with Tehran.
6. The EU’s new foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini said on Saturday that the entire European Union seeks the establishment of a Palestinian state. During a visit to Gaza, she said, “We need a Palestinian state — that is the ultimate goal and this is the position of all the European Union.”
7. A swarm of hundreds of earthquakes in Nevada has intensified recently, prompting experts to warn people to be ready in case larger ones hit. Starting in July, some 750 earthquakes, mostly magnitude 2.0 to 3.0, have struck a corner of the Nevada desert near the Oregon border.
8. Hamas has declared the formation of a “popular army” at the Jabaliya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip on Friday. A spokesman for the al-Qassam Brigades — Hamas’s military branch — said the 2,500 recruits would form “the first section of the popular army for the liberation of al-Aksa and of Palestine.”
9. A U.S. defense official said U.S. and allied aircraft conducted airstrikes near the Iraqi city of Mosul that targeted a gathering of Islamic State leaders. The airstrikes destroyed a 10-vehicle convoy and military officials are working to determine if Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was among those killed.
10. China will soon have the world’s most secure major computer network, making communications between Beijing and Shanghai impenetrable to hackers and giving it a decisive edge in its quiet cyberwar with the United States.
The Bible says in Revelation 11:19: “And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from D. L. Moody. He said: “I never preach a sermon without thinking that possibly the Lord may come before I preach another.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.