1. The Ukrainian military said on Friday that a column of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer artillery systems and trucks carrying ammunition and fighters has crossed into eastern Ukraine from Russia.
2. When Islamic State militants retreated from an embattled town last week, the Iraqi military was quick to flaunt a rare victory. However, photos soon emerged on independent Iraqi news websites revealing a more discreet presence — the Iranian general Ghasem Soleimani, whose name has become synonymous with the handful of victories attributed to Iraqi ground forces.
3. China and Japan have agreed to try to reduce tensions over a disputed chain of islands in the East China Sea. Beijing officials said a crisis management mechanism had been set up to prevent the situation from worsening.
4. Palestinian groups once again called for a “Day of Rage” against Israel in the West Bank, Gaza, and Jerusalem on Friday and urged demonstrators to step up their protests.
5. The commander of a U.S. military force tasked with the mission of assisting Israel in a time of war affirmed his commitment and readiness for the mission during a visit to Israel this week.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 15:18 which reads: “In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates.”
Our second coming quote for today is from St. Augustine. He said, “He who loves the coming of the Lord is not he who affirms it is far off, nor is it he who says it is near. It is he who, whether it be far or near, awaits it with sincere faith, steadfast hope and fervent love.”