This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for November 30, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moualem has said that two months of US-led air strikes have failed to weaken Islamic State (IS) militants.
2. Israel has recently appealed to NATO and demanded it take action against Turkey, after learning it has allowed Hamas to set up operational headquarters in Istanbul.
3. A new study says that nearly half of Americans now believe that the recent surge in natural disasters is the result of biblical “End Times” than climate change.
4. Taliban insurgents have intensified their attacks on the besieged Afghanistan capital of Kabul with a flurry of brazen bombings and afternoon raids targeting foreigners and Afghans, bringing the war into the city in a way not seen in any other year since the radical Islamists were ousted from power.
5. As India draws closer and buys more military hardware from Israel, questions are raised about what that will mean to traditional key defense suppliers, the US and Russia, as well as New Delhi’s relations with Palestine.
6. The World Health Organization said on Saturday that the death toll from the worst Ebola outbreak on record has reached nearly 7,000 in West Africa.
7. UK Prime Minister David Cameron says that Great Britain must have the right to make European migrants wait four years before receiving welfare or council houses, as he warns that he could be prepared to leave the European Union.
8. Germany’s foreign minister says his country wants to avoid wrecking Russia’s economy with sanctions imposed in the conflict over Ukraine.
9. Arab foreign ministers decided on Saturday to support the Palestinian Authority’s plan to seek a UN Security Council resolution calling for a full Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with east Jerusalem as its capital.
10. The Islamic State group launched an attack Saturday on the Syrian border town of Kobani from Turkey, although Turkey denied that the fighters had used its territory for the raid.
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Andrew Murray. He said: “There is such a danger of our being so occupied with the things that are to come more than with him who is to come.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.