This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for October 26, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. President Vladimir Putin accused the United States of making the world a more dangerous place by imposing a “unilateral diktat” in international diplomacy and denied Russia wanted to build a new empire.
2. Officials at the U.S. military’s Central Command have said Iraqi forces are months away from being able to start waging any kind of sustained ground offensive against the Islamic State and any similar effort in Syria will take longer.
3. A top Israeli minister said on Saturday there was a “crisis” in the country’s relations with the United States that must be fixed. Finance minister Yair Lapid’s comments came a day after US officials said the Obama administration refused Israeli defense minister Moshe Yaalon’s requests to meet several top national security aides.
4. The Obama administration on Thursday offered a very mixed assessment of progress in the U.S.-led campaign to degrade and defeat the Islamic State, with no serious ground offensive against the militant group likely for at least a year and little sign that the effort to stanch its flow of money has succeeded.
5. Japan warned on Friday that a volcano in southern Japan located roughly 40 miles from a nuclear plant was showing signs of increased activity that could possibly lead to a small-scale eruption and warned people to stay away from the summit.
6. European Jewry is worried about the security of the Middle East’s Christian minority. Moscow-based Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt, the president of the Conference of European Rabbis, said, Christians in the Middle East, besides those in Israel, are an “endangered species,” and asserted that “much more should be done to help them [and] to save them” by the Western world.
7. India’s Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh is set to make a high-level visit to Israel next month, in the first Home Minister visit since a 2000 trip that began resurgent bilateral ties — the visit comes after India last month approved a $144 million missile purchase from Israel.
8. Two attacks in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula killed 33 security personnel on Friday in some of the worst anti-state violence since Islamist President Mohamed Morsi was overthrown last year.
9. A top U.S. commander has said that North Korea probably has the capability to produce a nuclear warhead that could be mounted on a rocket, moving it closer to building a nuclear missile.
10. The IDF is closely monitoring military activity by Lebanese terror group Hezbollah along Israel’s northern border, and soldiers are combing the area in search of underground tunnels which may be used by the extremist Shiite group in order to carry out deadly cross-border attacks.
The Bible says in Matthew 25:31-33: “When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said: “Precisely because we cannot predict the moment, we must be ready at all moments.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.