1. The Egyptian president convened an emergency meeting of his senior defense advisers on Friday just hours after a deadly terrorist attack claimed the lives of at least 28 soldiers in the Sinai Peninsula.
2. Israel’s Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon says that a future map of the Middle East will look very different than the one that exists today. He said that the borders of many Arab states were drawn up by Westerners a century ago and wars in recent years show that a number of them are doomed to break apart.
3. Mali reported its first case of Ebola, marking a major setback for West African efforts to contain the deadly virus that now has affected six countries in the region and left nearly 5,000 dead. Also, in New York City an American doctor who worked with Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the disease after being placed in isolation at a hospital.
4. A London-based newspaper is reported that the Palestinian Authority has agreed to delay by two months its plan to seek a Security Council resolution calling for an Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines within three years.
5. Russian military provocations have increased so much over the seven months since Moscow annexed Crimea from Ukraine that Washington and its allies are scrambling defense assets on a nearly daily basis in response to air, sea and land incursions by Russian forces.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 7:4 which reads: “For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Vance Havner. He said, “When I studied arithmetic, I remembered that the answers were in the back of the book. No matter how I floundered among my problems, the correct solution was on the last page. I have failed often in working out life’s problems, and I dwell in the midst of a people who are hopelessly trying to untangle the riddle of this present age. But I am cheered by one unfailing uncertainty — there is a Book that solves the enigma, and the answer is in the back of the Book: ‘Behold I come quickly.’ ‘Even so, come, Lord Jesus.’”