1. In the absence of a mass-produced Ebola vaccine, enforced isolation, and mass quarantines, starvation threatens to cause a new crisis in West Africa. A new threat to West Africa’s stability has emerged: three quarters of a million people may die from malnutrition, as an unprecedented modern famine follows the disease.
2. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights revealed on Friday that the brutal Islamic State (ISIS) terror group has begun training pilots on three captured fighter jets, relying on the knowledge of Iraqi pilots who have joined the group.
3. The heavens are hosting an event this weekend that occurs once in a million years or so. A comet as hefty as a small mountain will pass mind-bogglingly close to Mars on Sunday, approaching within 87,000 miles at a speed of 126,000 mph.
4. Efforts to reach a deal over Iran’s nuclear program are in a “critical phase” ahead of a late November deadline for an agreement to end the decade-old dispute.
5. The Spanish parliament is reportedly slated to vote on recognizing Palestinian statehood following suit of British lawmakers earlier in the week.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture we are looking at today is Genesis 4:1 which reads: “And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon. He said, “Apart from the second advent of our Lord, the world is more likely to sink into a pandemonium than to rise into a millennium.”