1. Iraqi officials have issued a desperate plea for America to bring US ground troops back to the embattled country, as heavily armed Islamic State militants came within striking distance of Baghdad.
2. The World Health Organization has once again raised the death toll attributed to the Ebola outbreak. The Geneva-based U.N. agency said that 4,033 confirmed, probable or suspected Ebola deaths have now been recorded.
3. Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian has warned the US that if America and its coalition tries to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad, Israel will be attacked.
4. British ministers of parliament are on the verge of backing a historic vote that would call on the British government to unilaterally recognise the state of Palestine. Politicians on both sides of the deeply divisive issue believe that the motion will be passed.
5. The U.S. Navy has taken control of a new missile defense base in southern Romania, one of two European land-based interceptor sites for a NATO missile shield that Russia strongly opposes.
6. The U.N. envoy to Syria has warned that at least 500 civilians who remain trapped in the Syrian Kurdish border town of Kobani are likely to be “massacred” if it falls to the Islamic State group.
7. Indonesian Volcano Mount Sinabung is spewing out rivers of molten lava and giant plumes of ash as it continues to erupt for a fourth successive day.
8. Turkish officials said they cannot be expected to conduct a ground operation against Islamic State (IS) militants in Syria on their own.
9. The U.S. State Department on Friday renewed its global terrorism alert for Americans traveling abroad, saying it sees a heightened risk of reprisal attacks from the Islamic State group and its supporters.
10. Indian and Pakistani troops traded heavy fire over their disputed border in Kashmir this week killing at least 14 civilians, wounding 18, and worsening tensions between the long-time rivals.
The Bible says in Revelation 12:12: “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said: “Christ will come when he pleases, to show his sovereignty, and will not let us know when, to teach us our duty.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.