1. Iran has threatened that it will attack the Islamic State inside Iraq should the militants approach the border.
2. Turkish tanks and armoured vehicles took up positions on a hill overlooking the besieged Syrian border town of Kobani on Monday as shelling by Islamic State insurgents intensified and stray fire hit Turkish soil.
3. At least eight people were killed by a 5.1 magnitude earthquake that hit rural southern Peru over the weekend. The quake destroyed 15 adobe-style houses and left 75 people homeless.
4. Israel has accused Iran of using its Parchin military base as the site for secret tests of technology that could be used only for detonating a nuclear weapon.
5. The Islamic State is moving toward an alliance with the Nusra Front, the largest Al-Qaida affiliate in Syria, as a U.S.-led coalition continues strikes against ISIS positions in the northeastern part of the country.
The Bible says in Matthew 24:29-30: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John Trapp. He said, “This is pinned as a badge to the sleeve of every true believer—that he looks for and longs for Christ’s coming to judgement.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.