1. In one of the world’s most volatile regions, Pakistan is advancing toward a sea-based missile capability and expanding its interest in tactical nuclear warheads. The development of nuclear missiles that could be fired from a ship or submarine would give Pakistan “second-strike” capability if a catastrophic nuclear exchange destroyed all land-based weapons.
2. Tony Blair has urged Great Britain not to rule out sending ground troops to combat the Islamic State, arguing that air strikes are not enough to defeat the terrorist group.
3. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has predicted that Liberia and Sierra Leone could have a staggering 550,000 to 1.4 million cases of Ebola by late January 2015.
4. Iran says it is ready to work with the United States and its allies to stop Islamic State militants, but would like more flexibility on Iran’s uranium enrichment program in exchange.
5. Both government troops and pro-Russian rebels began withdrawing heavy artillery in eastern Ukraine, a significant step toward implementing an effective cease-fire in the region.
The Bible says in Matthew 24:23-24: “If any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”
Our second coming quote for today is from John R.W. Stott. He said, “He who came in humility and shame will return in spectacular magnificence.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.