This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for September 21, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Two Chinese warships have docked at Iran’s principal naval port for the first time in history, and both countries are set to conduct four days of joint naval exercises.
2. Military officials said on Friday that two F-22 fighter jets intercepted six Russian military airplanes that neared the western coast of Alaska. The Russian planes were identified as two refueling tankers, two fighter jets and two long-range bombers.
3. The top U.S. military officer says Arab countries need to take a more direct role in the U.S. military mission in Iraq before it can be credible and sustainable.
4. The CIA has curbed spying on friendly governments in Western Europe in response to the furor over a German caught selling secrets to the United States and the Edward Snowden revelations of classified information held by the National Security Agency, according to current and former U.S. officials.
5. NATO’s top general has stated that the two-week-old truce between Ukraine and pro-Russian militants fighting in the country’s east is a “ceasefire in name only.” Breedlove, the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, said that he is hopeful about Saturday’s announced agreement for creation of a buffer zone between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces.
6. Sierra Leone’s 6 million residents hunkered down in their homes and avoided public places as a rare three-day lockdown in the Ebola-ravaged country continued Saturday. Some 30,000 health workers and volunteers are aiming to visit every home in the country by Sunday.
7. Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi said that Cairo would be willing to help the U.S.-led coalition against the “Islamic State” (IS) group.
8. Yemeni Prime Minister Mohammed Saleh Basendowah announced his resignation Sunday ahead of an expected deal signing with Shiite rebels. The U.N.-mediated agreement aims to end days of deadly fighting between Yemeni troops and the powerful Houthi group.
9. Kurdish fighters from Turkey and Iraq are scrambling to help defend a vital Kurdish safe haven in northern Syria, where tens of thousands of Kurds have fled after an offensive by Islamic State militants.
10. As Israelis prepare to ring in the Jewish New Year, the Population and Immigration Authority released a report on Sunday estimating Israel’s population at 8,904,373. This marks an increase of 173,811 in the total population, from 8,730,562 citizens registered with the Interior Ministry last year.
The Bible says in Jude 1:14-15: “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from William Freel. He said: “As Christians, we should not be exitists, looking for our going, but adventists, looking for his coming.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.