Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. U.S. warplanes launched fresh air strikes against Islamic State militants threatening western Iraq’s Haditha Dam over the weekend, broadening Washington’s campaign against the jihadists.
2. Vietnam will soon have a credible naval deterrent to China in the South China Sea in the form of Kilo-class submarines from Russia, which experts say could make Beijing think twice before pushing its much smaller neighbor around in disputed waters.
3. Lebanese Christians are taking precautions as the Islamic State continues to terrorize Iraq and Syria. Many have grabbed weapons and set out for the hills to prepare for an eventual attack by the terrorist group.
4. Russian and U.S. officials will meet in Moscow on Thursday to discuss a 1987 arms control treaty whose future could be in doubt.
5. The Arab League chief on Sunday called for a military and political confrontation with Islamic State jihadists and other militants threatening the existence of Arab states.
The Bible says in Isaiah 24:23: “Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Samuel Rutherford. He said, “Oh, that Christ would make long strides! Oh, that he would fold up the heavens as a cloak, and shovel time and days out of the way!”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.