Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Hawaii’s Big Island has declared a state of emergency as lava from an active volcano threatens nearby homes, which could be evacuated within days.
2. NATO approved wide-ranging plans on Friday to boost its defences in eastern Europe, aiming to reassure allies nervous about Russia’s intervention in Ukraine that the U.S.-led alliance will shield them from any attack.
3. Ukraine’s president announced a cease-fire on Friday in the 5-month-old conflict against pro-Russian separatists, halting gunfire and artillery exchanges in his nation’s embattled east amid deep skepticism that the truce will hold.
4. The building that is home to a 500-member Sudanese congregation has been seized by government security agents. Sudan’s National Intelligence and Security Services padlocked and shuttered the Sudan Pentecostal Church building in Khartoum on August 24th.
5. NASA says a newly discovered asteroid will pass “very close” to Earth on Sunday. The space rock is estimated to be 60 feet long and it’s expected to fly over New Zealand about 2:18 p.m. eastern time.
The Bible says in Luke 21:25: “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Joe Stowell. He said, “The return of Christ represents not only the ultimate sense of accountability but the ultimate sense of hope as well.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.