Let’s take a quick look at today’s prophecy-related headlines which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. After some confusion following a news conference on Wednesday morning by President Obama, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel made clear the administration’s goal in its actions against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
2. Christians in India are facing threats as Hindu extremists have taken over village councils to pass laws restricting religions other than Hindu.
3. France has said conditions are “not right” for the delivery of the first of two navy assault warships to Russia.
4. The United Arab Emirates called for a coordinated international effort to tackle the “global scourge” of terrorism, raising particular concern about the threat posed by the Islamic State militant group that has seized large swaths of Iraq and Syria.
5. Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa.
The Bible says in Luke 21:34-36: “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares.”
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Pollock. He said, “Millions of graves are dug every year, but it is inspiring to think that one generation of Christians will cheat the undertaker.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.