This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for August 3, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Israel continued operations in the Gaza Strip on Sunday despite its decision to redeploy some forces to staging areas within Israel.
2. A strong earthquake in southern China’s Yunnan province has killed at least 150 people and injured more than 1,400.
3. China has acknowledged the existence of a new intercontinental ballistic missile said to be capable of carrying multiple nuclear warheads as far as the United States.
4. Determined to avoid a repeat of the fighting in the Gaza Strip, Israel is seeking to build support for having an international force take charge of preventing the Palestinian militant group Hamas from rearming once the conflict is over.
5. West Africa’s Ebola-hit nations announced a cross-border isolation zone on Friday, sealing off the epicentre of the world’s worst-ever outbreak as health chiefs warned the epidemic was spiralling out of control.
6. Gunmen who crossed into northeastern Lebanon from Syria attacked several army checkpoints in a border town on Saturday in what appeared to be an effort to win the release of a Syrian rebel who had been detained by Lebanese troops.
7. Islamic State fighters seized control of Iraq’s biggest dam, an oilfield and three more towns on Sunday after inflicting their first major defeat on Kurdish forces since sweeping through the region in June.
8. Deadly clashes between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russian separatists continued on Sunday as investigators searched the site of a plane crash for a third day.
9. Algerian officials say six people are dead and 420 injured following an earthquake that shook Algiers on Friday morning.
10. More than half of California is now under the most severe level of drought for the first time since the federal government began issuing regular drought reports in the late 1990s.
The Bible says in Revelation 1:7: “Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.”
Our Second Coming quote for today this: “Herein is the greatest mistake made in interpreting Revelation: we make it more about the Anti-Christ than we do about Jesus Christ.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.