This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for August 31, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq unless there is “rapid” action. Abdullah said, “If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month.”
2. In a blunt statement on Friday, NATO condemned Russian military action in Ukraine, saying its troops have “illegally crossed the border” as part of a “dangerous pattern over many months” to destabilize its neighbor.
3. In the Islamic State’s new English language publication, aimed at young Muslims in western nations, the extremist organization has declared that they “will do everything within its means to continue striking down every apostate who stands as an obstacle on its path towards Palestine.”
4. The United Kingdom on Friday raised to “severe” its assessment of the threat of domestic terrorism in response to the spreading grip of Islamic militants in parts of Iraq and Syria, meaning that the risk of an attack is now considered “highly likely.”
5. A large earthquake has hit the Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland where authorities have been on high alert since a surge of small quakes this month.
6. The worst Ebola outbreak in history is only getting worse. The World Health Organization said on Thursday that the outbreak that has ravaged West Africa could infect 20,000 people before it is over.
7. Iranian military leaders have openly boasted that they have begun sending weapons to Palestinian Arab terrorists in Judea and Samaria and elsewhere in the region.
8. Russian President Vladimir Putin had a message for the international community on Friday: “It’s best not to mess with us.” He also took a moment to remind the world of Russia’s nuclear arsenal, saying, “Thank God, I think no one is thinking of unleashing a large-scale conflict with Russia. I want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers.”
9. The United States imposed a new round of sanctions on companies doing business with Iran on Friday, alleging that they’re helping Iran build its nuclear program, support terrorism and evade sanctions.
10. The U.N. climate change chief is implying that climate change can be viewed on a par with the deadly Ebola outbreak. Christiana Figueres told a World Health Organization (WHO)-hosted event in Geneva that “we are not very far” from the point where climate change should be declared an international public health emergency.
The Bible says in Luke 17:26-27: “And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from John Blanchard. He said: “The certainty of the Second Coming of Christ should touch and tincture every part of our daily behavior.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.