This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for July 27, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Hamas agreed to a 24-hour truce after initially rejecting a similar offer by Israel, as fighting on both sides resumed Sunday. The 20-day conflict has left more than 1,050 Palestinians dead. In Israel, 46 have died, including 43 soldiers and two civilians.
2. The Pentagon has stated that Russia is moving troops and adding heavier artillery near its border with Ukraine where separatists are battling government forces, in the latest escalation of Moscow’s involvement in the conflict.
3. The British Daily Telegraph has reported that Hamas and North Korea are in negotiations for a deal that would provide the Palestinian Islamist group in Gaza with a replenishment of missiles and communications equipment that would be used to continue its offensive.
4. Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon visited an Iron Dome battery deployed in central Israel on Friday evening, telling the troops to be “ready for the possibility that we will instruct the IDF to significantly expand the ground offensive in Gaza very soon.”
5. Thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters marched in London and Paris on Saturday, calling out against Israel’s military operation in the Hamas-controlled Palestinian enclave.
6. Across Zhejiang province in China authorities have toppled — or threatened to topple — crosses at more than 130 churches. Experts and church leaders believe there is a campaign to repress Christianity, which has grown so rapidly as to alarm the atheist Communist government.
7. The vicar of the only Anglican church in Iraq has warned that the end for Christians in the country appears “very near.”
8. Ukrainian armed forces mounted a major onslaught against pro-Russian separatist fighters on Sunday in an attempt to gain control over the area where a Malaysia Airlines plane was downed earlier this month.
9. Nigerian health authorities are racing to stop the spread of Ebola after a man brought the deadly and highly contagious disease by plane to Lagos, Africa’s largest city with 21 million people.
10. UN human rights investogators have stated that more and more Syrian rebels are defecting to join the ultra-hardline Islamic State insurgency.
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 4:5: “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from D.L. Moody. He said: “I never preach a sermon without thinking that possibly the Lord may come before I preach another.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.