This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for June 15, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Shiite volunteers rushed to the front lines in Iraq, reinforcing defenses of the holy city of Samarra 70 miles north of Baghdad, and helping thwart attacks by Sunni fighters of the radical Islamic State of Iraq and Syria in some smaller cities to the east. The confrontations suggested that Shiites and Sunnis would once again engage in open conflict for control of Iraq.
2. U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered an aircraft carrier moved into the Gulf on Saturday, readying it in case Washington decides to pursue a military option after insurgents overwhelmed a string of Iraqi cities this week and threatened Baghdad.
3. A former Israeli intelligence expert suggested that Israel must prepare itself for the eventuality that the battle with ISIS could reach the shores of Tel Aviv.
4. President Obama threatened U.S. military strikes against the Sunni Islamist militants who want to establish their own state in Iraq and Syria.
5. An advisory alert has been issued for a remote volcano in the western Aleutian Islands after dozens of earthquakes were reported in the area, an early sign of volcanic unrest. The change means that five volcanoes being monitored in Alaska are now simultaneously active.
6. A painful, mosquito-borne viral illness has surfaced across the United States, carried by recent travelers to the Caribbean where the virus is raging. Florida’s 25 cases account for the majority reported in the United States.
7. Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister has stated that failure to reach a deal on Iran’s nuclear program would force Tehran to resume uranium enrichment activities.
8. The Ukrainian interior minister said three tanks crossed into Ukraine along with other armored vehicles from Russia and were attacked by military forces fighting pro-Moscow separatists.
9. Russia has begun military exercises in its Baltic enclave of Kaliningrad in what the Defence Ministry said was a response to drills by NATO allies in parts of eastern Europe that were launched after Moscow’s intervention in Ukraine.
10. Iran is coming to the aid of its historic nemesis, sending elite fighters to Iraq in the wake of a Sunni insurgency that has claimed two key northern cities and now threatens Baghdad.
The Bible says in Jude 1:14-15: “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Martin Luther. He said: ” I hope that the day is near at hand when the advent of the great God will appear, for all things everywhere are boiling, burning, moving, falling, sinking, groaning.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.