This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for June 29, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Syrian warplanes bombed Sunni militants’ positions inside Iraq, deepening the concerns that the extremist insurgency that spans the two neighboring countries could morph into an even wider regional conflict.
2. The UN Security Council strongly condemned the recent intense fighting between the Syrian government and opposition forces in the Golan Heights and demanded an end to all military activity in the area that has separated Syrian and Israeli forces since 1974.
3. Israeli officials are meeting with American counterparts to urge them not to let Iran benefit from the battlefield successes of an al-Qaeda offshoot in Iraq.
4. North Korea fired two short-range Scud missiles into its eastern waters Sunday, a South Korean official said, in an apparent test just days after the country tested what it called new precision-guided missiles.
5. A 5.2-magnitude earthquake near the border of Arizona and New Mexico rattled a significant swath of the U.S. Southwest late Saturday but caused no major damage or injuries.
6. Russian President Vladimir Putin met in Moscow with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and called for the renewal of peace talks between Israel and the PA.
7. Several representatives of Arab and Muslim states announced at the UN they would be asking the Security Council to condemn Israel’s actions in the West Bank, which they called an overreaction.
8. President Obama asked Congress for the first time to approve direct U.S. military training for Syrian rebels, but he remains deeply ambivalent about intervening in a deadly conflict that has spilled over into neighboring Iraq.
9. Arab politicians in Israel’s Knesset declared that Jews have no right to enter the Al-Aqsa Mosque, namely the Temple Mount — the holiest site in Judaism. The Arab politicians said “The mosque is the holy property of the Muslims only” and opposed propositions to divide the site between Jews and Muslims.
10. The World Health Organization called for “drastic action” to fight the deadliest Ebola outbreak on record, as it announced an 11-nation meeting to address the growing crisis.
The Bible says in Acts 1:11: ” [The angel] also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Oswald Chambers. He said: “The only way to wait for the Second Coming is to watch that you do what you should do, so that when he comes is a matter of indifference. It is the attitude of a child, certain that God knows what he is about. When the Lord does come, it will be as natural as breathing. God never does anything hysterical, and he never produces hysterics.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.