This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for May 11, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Putting his personal seal on the annexation of Crimea, President Vladimir Putin of Russia traveled on Friday to the naval port of Sevastopol, where he used the anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany to assert that Moscow had the right to take over the Black Sea peninsula.
2. At least one person was killed and over 30 others injured today when two earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.6 on the Richter scale, rocked southeast Pakistan.
3. North Korea renewed a threat on Saturday to conduct a nuclear test amid heightened concern that the reclusive state with a stockpile of missiles may set off an atomic device for the fourth time.
4. Saudi Arabia has announced that another 13 people have died from the MERS coronavirus in the past day, as the World Health Organisation prepares for an emergency meeting over concerns about the spread of the disease.
5. Pro-Russian activists are calling residents in eastern Ukraine to the polls Sunday for a snap referendum on declaring independence from Kiev.
6. Vladimir Putin stated on Wednesday that his military has pulled back from the Ukrainian border — but a top Pentagon official said that the U.S. and its European allies had not seen any changes in the deployment of Russian forces.
7. A 6.4-magnitude earthquake rocked south-central Mexico at midday on Thursday.
8. Former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak said an American military attack against Iran’s nuclear facilities would take a “fraction of one night” to complete.
9. Federal health experts have reported that syphilis is making a big comeback in the United States, with cases nearly doubling since 2005. The CDC says that more than 90 percent of cases are among homosexual men.
10. President Putin on Thursday oversaw a military exercise involving Russia’s nuclear forces amid escalating tensions over Ukraine.
The Bible says in Zechariah 14:3-4: “Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Matthew Henry. He said: “Christ will come when he pleases, to show his sovereignty, and will not let us know when, to teach us our duty.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.