This is the Second Coming Watch Weekend Roundup for April 5, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Ecuador’s Tungurahua volcano erupted on Friday, spewing a huge column of molten rock and ash which surged six miles above the volcano’s crater following two strong explosions. The Geophysical Institute of Ecuador’s National Polytechnic School is monitoring the situation, as tremors are ongoing.
2. According to Reuters, Japan said it will strike any North Korean ballistic missile that threatens to hit the country in the coming weeks after Pyongyang recently fired medium-range missiles.
3. According to Reuters, the United States has criticized proposals to build a European communication network to avoid emails and other data passing through the United States, warning that such rules could breach international trade laws. There are calls in Europe for a local communications network following revelations last year about U.S. digital eavesdropping and surveillance. Germany and France have been discussing ways to build a European network to keep data secure after the U.S. spying scandal.
4. According to Reuters, Iran and six world powers began an expert-level meeting about Tehran’s nuclear program on Thursday, part of efforts to reach an agreement by late July on how to resolve a decade-old dispute that has stirred fears of a Middle East war.
5. According to the Associated Press, in Venezuela, the government is rolling out a new ID system that is either a grocery loyalty card with extra muscle or the most dramatic step yet toward rationing, depending on who is describing it. Registration began this week at more than 100 government-run supermarkets across the country.
6. According to The Independent, scientists have warned that the world’s banana crop, worth £26 billion and a crucial part of the diet of more than 400 million people, is facing “disaster” from virulent diseases immune to pesticides or other forms of control.
7. According to Israel National News, a wide ranging group of Israeli rabbis have written a letter to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu advocating the construction of a synagogue on the Temple Mount, Judaism’s holiest site.
8. According to Voice of America News, NATO’s top military commander said that Russia has massed all the forces it needs on Ukraine’s border if it were to decide to carry out an “incursion” into the country and it could achieve its objective “in three to five days.”
9. According to CNN, the death toll from an Ebola outbreak in coastal West Africa has risen to 86, with dozens more ill.
10. According to The Telegraph, thousands of Chinese Christians have mounted an extraordinary, round-the-clock defence of a church in a city known as the ‘Jerusalem of the East’ after Communist Party officials threatened to bulldoze their place of worship.
The Bible says in Luke 21:10-11: “Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Andrew Murray. He said, “There is such a danger of our being so occupied with the things that are to come more than with him who is to come.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.