1. According to the Jerusalem Post, the European Union is offering Israel and the Palestinians an unprecedented “partnership” if they reach a peace accord. The EU’s envoy to Israel said it is meant partly to ease Israeli fears that a future Palestinian state would turn into a “failed state” and a launching pad for attacks.
2. According to the Associated Press, Clashes between Syrian rebels and forces loyal to President Bashar Assad spread to a coastal area near the Turkish border on Tuesday as opposition fighters pressed on with a campaign to gain access to the sea. Capturing the seaside tourist village of Samra, which straddles the Syria-Turkey border, would give rebels an outlet to the Mediterranean for the first time since the Syrian conflict began over three years ago.
3. According to the Associated Press, North Korea test-fired two medium-range ballistic missiles on Wednesday in a defiant challenge to a rare three-way summit of its rivals Seoul, Tokyo and Washington that focused on the North’s security threat. The launch of the Rodong missiles — for the first time since 2009 — violates U.N. Security Council resolutions and marks a big escalation from a series of shorter-range rocket launches.
4. According to the Jewish Telegraphic Association, the Obama administration is scrambling to salvage Israeli-Palestinian talks threatened by disputes over core identity issues for each side: recognition of the state’s Jewish character for Israel and the release of prisoners for the Palestinians.
5. According to CNN, a report by the World Health Organization states that an estimated 7 million people died due to air pollution globally in 2012, with more than half of the deaths linked to indoor smoke from cooking stoves. The report states that air pollution is now the “single largest environmental health risk.” The majority of the deaths associated with air pollution were heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lung cancer.
The Bible says in Joel 2:1: “Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Thomas V. Moore. He said, “Christ is coming to the earth, in such a form at least as shall fulfill his purposes of mercy to his friends and justice to his foes.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com