1. According to AFP (Agence France-Presse), Aid workers and health officials in Guinea are battling to contain west Africa’s first outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus as neighbouring Liberia reported its first suspected victims. At least 59 people are known to have died in Guinea’s southern forests but the Liberian cases, if confirmed, would mark the first spread of the highly contagious pathogen into another country.
2. According to McClatchy, the leaders of the world’s largest industrialized countries expelled Russia from the G8 group until it “changes course” in Ukraine and formally canceled plans to attend an economic summit in Russia in June.
3. According to Xinhua, China’s President stressed on Monday that the United States should honor its commitment to respect China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity on the Taiwan and Tibet issues.
4. According to AFP, Gaza’s Hamas premier Ismail Haniya warned Israel that it would pay dearly if it heeded its foreign minister’s call to reoccupy the Palestinian enclave to try to halt rocket attacks.
5. According to Israel National News, Protesters gathered on Sunday afternoon outside the embassy of the European Union in Tel Aviv, demanding that the EU pay at least as much attention to the suffering of Christians in Arab countries as to the “suffering” of Palestinians. A spokesperson for the group said, “It is a clear case of ethnic cleansing, and the Christian world has remained deathly silent.”
The Bible says in Revelation 21:2-3: “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.”
Our second coming quote for today is from D.L. Moody. He said, “I never preach a sermon without thinking that possibly the Lord may come before I preach another.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.