1. According to The Times of Israel, the Israeli Air Force launched airstrikes in the Gaza Strip shortly after 10 p.m. on Wednesday in retaliation for a massive rocket barrage earlier in the day, the largest of its kind since 2012. Israeli planes struck 29 targets in the Strip. Israel had warned that it would hit back hard at Gaza terror groups, after more than 50 rockets were fired at southern Israel.
2. According to the Fars News Agency, the Lieutenant Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards underlined this week that Iranian military commanders are prepared to attack and destroy Israel as soon as they receive such an order. Addressing a conference in Tehran on Tuesday, Hossein Salami said, “Our hands will remain on the trigger from 1,400km away for the day when such a confrontation with Israel takes place.”
3. According to The Times of Israel, Israel’s Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman on Wednesday evening said the IDF should reoccupy the Gaza Strip in response to an ongoing, massive rocket bombardment of southern Israel, and said that the Israeli government must defend its citizens even if it jeopardized peace talks with the Palestinians.
4. According to AFP (Agence France-Presse), Iran’s official IRNA news agency has reported that Russia has signed a preliminary agreement to build at least two more nuclear power plants in the Iranian port city of Bush-ehr. The deal was reached during a visit to Tehran on Tuesday by a senior official of Russia’s state atomic energy agency Rosatom.
5. According to The Times of Israel, the United States and Israel signed an agreement last week to “continue support of the production of the Iron Dome weapon system,” according to a statement over the weekend from the Missile Defense Agency of the US Department of Defense. “Under the terms of the agreement, $429 million will be transferred immediately to Israel to support Iron Dome procurement.”
The Bible says in Revelation 2:10: “Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.”
Our second coming quote for today is from Anthony Ashley Cooper. He said, “The only remedy for all this mass of misery is the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Why do we not plead for it every time we hear the clock strike?”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.