1. According to Fox News, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday blamed Ukraine’s opposition for the ongoing crisis in Crimea, calling it an “unconstitutional coup” and “armed seizure of power,” while rejecting Western threats to punish Moscow with sanctions. Putin said Tuesday that Moscow reserved the right to protect ethnic Russians in Ukraine by any means necessary, but added that military force would be used only as a last resort.
2. According to the Washington Free Beacon, U.S. intelligence agencies recently confirmed China’s development of a new intermediate-range nuclear missile called the Dongfeng-26C. The new missile is estimated to have a range of at least 2,200 miles — enough for Chinese military forces to conduct attacks on U.S. military facilities in Guam. As part of the US pivot to Asia-Pacific, several thousand Marines will be moved to Guam. Chinese military officials said the deployment poses a threat to China.
3. According to Reuters, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu bluntly told Barack Obama on Monday that Israelis expected their leader not to compromise on their security even as the U.S. president sought to reassure him on Iran diplomacy and pressure him on Middle East peace talks. In White House talks overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis, the two leaders tried to avoid any direct clash in a brief appearance before the press but were unable to paper over their differences on a pair of sensitive diplomacy drives that have stoked tensions between Israel and the United States.
4. According to Voice of America News, Saudi Arabia reportedly is offering to provide Syrian rebels more sophisticated weapons, including shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles that can take down fighter planes and helicopter gunships. They could be a game changer in the Syrian civil war.
5. According to The Times of Israel, Prime Minister Netanyahu addressed the 2014 AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington, DC, on Tuesday. He forcefully reminded Palestinians of the Jewish ties to the land, specifically sites in West Bank. He said, “Palestinians must be prepared to recognize the Jewish state” and called on Abbas to make that clear to his people.
The Bible says in 2 Timothy 4:8: “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”
Our second coming quote for today is from C.S. Lewis. He said, “The doctrine of the second coming has failed, so far as we are concerned, if it does not make us realize that at every moment of every year in our lives Donne’s question, ‘What if this present night were the world’s last night?’ is equally relevant.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.