1. According to CNN, U.S. National Security Adviser Susan Rice warned on Sunday that it “would be a grave mistake” if Russian President Vladimir Putin intervened militarily in the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. Rice, who spoke on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” was among U.S. leaders saying they want to see a unity coalition government in the country after President Viktor Yanukovych fled Kiev, the capital, and a unanimous vote in Parliament removed him from power.
2. According to the BBC, U.S. doctors are warning of an emerging polio-like disease in California where up to 20 people have been infected. A meeting of the American Academy of Neurology reported that some patients had developed paralysis in all four limbs, which had not improved with treatment.
3. According to the Jerusalem Post, Israeli Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz said on Sunday that Israel reserves the right to assess the Iranian situation and make the decisions it deems necessary independently, after emerging from some five hours of talks with Wendy Sherman, Washington’s top Iran negotiator. Steinitz said, “Israel reiterated and made clear its position that an agreement with Iran must include dismantling its ability to progress toward a nuclear weapon.”
4. According to Israel National News, Lawmakers from Hamas on Sunday warned Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas against recognizing Israel as part of the ongoing peace process. The lawmakers said that recognition of Israel as a Jewish state would be a “death sentence” against the PA.
5. According to Almanar News, The Israeli army asserted that Hezbollah’s threat to enter Galilee is serious and that Israeli troops are preparing to face it after a TV program, broadcast by al-Mayadeen TV, presented an episode about the issue. The Israeli response was conveyed by an Israeli news website which displayed a report about the country’s military preparation to face Hezbollah’s threat. The commander of northern Israel stressed that the Israeli army is training for encountering a possible decision by Hezbollah to transfer the battle to the Palestinian territories in contrary with what happened in the 2006 war.
The Bible says in 1 Chronicles 16:31-33: “Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The Lord reigneth. Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein. Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the Lord, because he cometh to judge the earth.”
Our second coming quote for today is from David Jeremiah. He said, “My study of prophecy convinces me that God intends knowledge of future events to help us ‘occupy’ with a sense of urgency until the Lord returns.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.