This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for February 16, 2013. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Saudi Arabia has reportedly offered to supply Syrian rebels with anti-aircraft and anti-tank missiles. An Arab diplomat and several opposition figures have said these supplies are likely to tip the battlefield scales.
2. Iran and world powers embark Tuesday on the Herculean task of transforming an interim nuclear deal into a long-term accord.
3.German Chancellor Angela Merkel wants to team up with France to establish Europe’s own communications network — and avoid surveillance snooping by America. She said she plans to discuss how to avoid passing emails and other data through the U.S. when she meets with French President Francois Holland on Wednesday in Paris.
4. An explosion ripped through a tourist bus on the Egyptian side of the Taba border crossing with Israel on Sunday afternoon, killing four people and injuring some 30 passengers. Egyptian officials said the explosion was caused by a bomb attached to the bus and detonated by either a timer or remote control.
5. The European Union campaign against produce grown in the Israeli-occupied Jordan Valley is starting to bite. Last year, Jordan Valley farmers lost an estimated $29 million. Israeli leaders are taking the threat to the economy more seriously.
6. Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon has declared that, “Based on the exhibits of our defense industry [at the Singapore Airshow] Israel is a superpower.”
7. Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems unveiled its latest missile defense system, called Iron Beam, which uses lasers to destroy incoming rockets and mortars. The system is designed to intercept super close-range drones, rockets, and mortars that aren’t in the air long enough for the Iron Dome system to pick up.
8. Tens of thousands of Indonesians fled their homes after a volcano erupted in east Java, Indonesia, killing 3 people. Mount Kelud spewed ash and debris over a large area, including the city of Surabaya, about 80 miles away.
9. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said he had won China’s commitment to do more to prod North Korea to rein in its nuclear programme. Kerry stressed that he had also highlighted the need to ease concerns over Beijing’s territorial ambitions and warned against any moves to declare a new air defence zone.
10. Anti-Defamation League chief Abe Foxman believes that anti-Semitism is at its highest level since the Holocaust, and that it threatens the lives of Jews around the world.
Jesus Christ said in Revelation 3:11: “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Oswald Chambers. He said: “I do not know how I am going to stay up ‘in the air’ with the Lord; but that is no business of mine.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.