1. According to Breitbart, Russian President Vladimir Putin condemned the West, including the United States, for eschewing Christian values and opting instead for a “path to degradation.” In his State of the Nation speech last month, Putin asserted that, “Many Euro-Atlantic countries have moved away from their roots, including Christian values. Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a same-sex partnership, a faith in God and a belief in Satan.”
2. According to The Times of Israel, the head of Israel’s most powerful intelligence agency depicted Wednesday a changing battlefield in which offensive cyber capabilities will, in the near future, represent the greatest shift in combat doctrine in over 1,000 years. Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, the head of the IDF’s Military Intelligence Directorate said, “Cyber, in my humble opinion, will be revealed in a not very long time as a revolution greater than the creation of gunpowder or the usage of the aerial space at the start of the past century.” He called the possibilities inherent in cyber warfare “nearly limitless, and that is not a metaphor.”
3. According to AFP (Agence France-Presse), a senior U.S. defense official has warned that China poses an increasing challenge to the US military’s technological edge while budget pressures are hampering Washington’s effort to stay ahead. Frank Kendall, the Pentagon’s chief weapons buyer, told lawmakers that when it comes to “technological superiority, the Department of Defense is being challenged in ways that I have not seen for decades, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.”
4. According to the Times of Israel, the U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper wrote in a report to a Senate intelligence committee on Wednesday that Iran now has all the technical infrastructure to produce nuclear weapons should it make the political decision to do so. However, he added, it could not break out to the bomb without being detected.
5. According to The Jerusalem Post, Israel accused Lebanon’s Hezbollah guerrillas on of putting “thousands” of bases in residential buildings and said it would destroy these in a future conflict, even at the cost of civilian lives. The unusually explicit threat by air force chief Major-General Amir Eshel appeared to be part of an effort by Israeli officials to prepare world opinion for high civilian casualties in any new confrontation with Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Jesus Christ said in Matthew 24:27: “For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from John Chrysostom. He said: “In the first advent God veiled his divinity to prove the faithful; in the second advent he will manifest his glory to reward their faith.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.